I provide one on one tutoring sessions with students in Grades 4 to Grade 12.
- Sessions are 1 hour in duration
- Sessions are provided in person, or via Skype
- There is no limit on the number of sessions that may be booked in the week
- Bookings are requested and confirmed via email
To ensure the tutoring is effective, I respectfully ask that parents commit to tutoring for a full term. It is not possible (nor fair on the student) to only have a few sessions and to then expect results in the way of major improvement in marks.
For certain sessions we offer, such as for math problem solving or exam preparation, it is reasonable to allow just a few sessions, but for overall maths mark improvement through tutoring to cover the syllabus, I require one-term commitment.
Let me solve your Maths Problems
A common problem students are faced with are those few maths problems that have them completely stumped. They have no idea how to solve the problem, what methods to apply, where those methods fit into the syllabus or how to fully understand the solution so that future problems of a similar nature are easy to resolve.
I would love to help with this.
As a means of providing student support for this very problem, I have a created an incredibly cost effective service with quick turnaround times, easy to follow instructions, all with relevant and easy to remember problem-solving methodologies.
Simply send me 10 maths problems to solve, and I’ll send you:
- The correct answer to the problem
- The method used to solve the problem
- A step by step guide of how to go about applying the method for each problem
Detailed instructions will be provided with your payment notification.
Perhaps your student is struggling to understand certain areas of their maths syllabus before an exam. With this service, I will focus on their specific problem areas before the exam.
Here are some of the key steps I will take in helping students prepare for an exam:
- Understand similar maths problems as set in previous maths papers.
- Explain to the student what steps need to be shown for the problems in each area of uncertainty. This will help achieve maximum marks.
- Help to prepare the student for exam conditions – help read through each exam paper carefully, help ensure they’re understanding the question asked, ensure they are aware of time allowed for the exam, and finally, to ensure they’re prepared to move on and not dilly dally if they get stuck.
- If possible, I will analyse numerous papers set by the same maths teacher to gain insight into their thinking. In so doing, the student will gain an advantage in showing steps and procedures in their solution as to exactly what needs to be shown.
These steps will provide the student with the time they need to cover all the areas in the syllabus. By being stuck in one area, students often spend far too much time trying to figure out what they’re missing and so become consumed and tormented by their misunderstanding.
This service ensures they are well-prepared (and prepared early) which massively reduces stress and anxiety before the exam.
When a learner needs a concept explained, an email is required explaining more or less what the subject material is they are experiencing problems with, after which I can contact them via email or Skype to explain the procedures applicable